On-Call Scheduler Job DescriptionSummary:
Seeking highly responsible, professional, energetic and cool-under-pressure individual(s) to fulfill Weeknight evening shifts and/or Weekend shifts. Weekday evening (Monday through Friday) shifts begin at 5:30 pm and end the next morning at 8:00 am. Weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday) typically begin at 8:00 am and end the next day at 8:00 am). Pay for this work is by shift, not by hour. If you are confident you meet the requirements of the job and want to join a high-performing, strong team committed to providing individuals and families in northeastern Connecticut with the care they need to remain living at home, please apply. This position can be performed remotely (i.e., does not require coming to our office). If you have a full-time job that requires you to be at work before 9 AM, this will probably not be a good fit based on our needs. Experience with ClearCare is a major plus!
- Prior to start of on-call shift, review schedule with designated Service Coordinator and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
- Obtain resources needed from office as needed for on call responsibilities such as laptop, tablet and/or phone along with any paper resources deemed necessary.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to caller's needs.
- Fill all "call-out" shifts using designated office scheduling processes
- Communicate changes in client shifts to the client(s) and CAREGiver(s)
- Contact backup staff when critical situations arise about clients or CAREGivers
- Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems to designated office key players via notes and/or phone calls when the office opens
- Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and pass information to designated office key players
- Create a log of the activities of your shift and send via email to office by 8 am each morning
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
- Ensure Home Instead standards are met
- Experience with ClearCare is a major plus!
- Experience with web-based technology (as a user, not a programmer)
- Education and experience with scheduling and/or aging population will be evaluated on an individual-by-individual basis
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 384 Merrow Road, Suite Z. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 860-896-5295. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 385-425-2195 for technical assistance.